Does freedom with food and fitness seem like an impossible dream?
Meet my guest, Alana Van Der Sluys, who helps people make that dream a reality. Alana is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, Health at Every Size advocate, author, speaker, and eating disorder survivor.
She believes that you don't need to be on a diet to be your healthiest, more confident self and that living your best life is something that starts in the mind.
We talk about:
* What intuitive eating is and how to get started
* Why weight has nothing to do with eating disorders
* Why having a coach is a key to success
* How to feel happier without losing weight
* What to do when you want a treat
* How the diet culture is making you feel bad about yourself
* How to lose the weight of other people's opinions
* And MORE!
Don't miss this informative and inspirational episode!
Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin is a psychoanalyst, author and radio host specializing in binge eating disorder. She is the author of The Binge Cure: 7 Steps to Outsmart Emotional Eating and Food for Thought: Perspectives on Eating Disorders, and co-editor of Beyond the Primal Addiction. She hosts The Dr. Nina Show radio program on LA Talk Radio. Her recent TEDx talk is Why Binge Eating is NOT about Food. (we can link to it once it is up)
You can also listen to